2. Put on fake tattoos.
3. Draw on yourself with washable red marker-then take a shower and wash away your pain.
4. Scribble on sheets of paper.
5. Write poetry.
6. Cuddle with a stuffed toy.
7. Be with other people.
8. Watch a favorite TV show.
9. Post on web boards or try answering other people’s posts.
10, Think about how ”I DON’T WANT SCARS FOR SUMMER!!”
11. Paint your nails a new color.
12. Go out to see a movie.
13. Eating something you can’t resist.
14. Do your school work.
15. Write a letter to someone but never send it.
16. Go into chat rooms to talk.
17. Call a friend and ask them to come hang out.
18. Play a musical instrument.
20. Look up at the sky, and find the moon. Study it.
21. Make your own list of things to do instead of S.I.
22. Buy a punching bag (with gloves. Name it. Then, have a visit with Bob when you need to.
23. Snap a rubber band (hair band) on your wrist.
24. Cover yourself with band-aids where you want to cut.
25. Go to the zoo and rename the animals.
26. Let yourself cry, even if it is hard.
27. Sleep, only if you are tired.
28. Do the exact opposite of what you really want to do.
29. Play with a pet.
30. Smile to at least 5 people.
31. Re-organize and lable your linen closet.
32. Go out and perform one act of kindness.
33. Have a pillow fight with a wall.
34. Knit a scarf.
35. Read a good book.
36. Dress up very glamorous, with makeup to match.
37. Color your hair.
38. Listen to music (nontriggering)
39. Watch a candle burn, but no playing with flames or hot wax. Blow it out when you leave the room.
40. Find someone else you can help. Do volunteer work.
41. Meditate. Track your breathing.
42. Call up an old friend and catch up.
43. Work on a website or start a new one.
44. Have a vivid fantasy love affair with a celebrity.
45. Go somewhere very public.
46. Bake cookies or another favorite food you like.
47. Alphabetize your CD’s.
48. Chew gum.
49. Buy a henna tattoo kit.
50. Paint or draw.
51. Rip paper into really small pieces.
52. Give someone a Hug.
53. Write a letters or emails.
54. Talk to yourself, and put it on tape.
55. Hug a pillow.
56. Hyper-focus on something like a rock.
58. Scream as loud as you want.
60. Make hot chocolate.
61. Pop bubble wrap.
62. Play with play dough.
63. Count to 100.
64. Build a pillow fort.
65. Blow up a balloon and pop it.
66. Hug yourself.
67. Write yourself an “I love myself because” letter and keep it. Read it when you feel down.
68. Read things in a different language.
69. Go for a nice long drive, walk, or jog.
70. Complete something you have been putting off.
71. Drink a cup of herbal tea.
72. Fold paper and invent a new origomi shape.
73. Write your memoirs.
74. Build something.
75. Take up archery.
76. Go rock climbing.
77. Take up a new hobby you always dreamed of.
78. Organize bills, receipts, etc.
79. Cook a meal.
80. Go out for ice cream.
81. Buy a stuffed animal.
82. Look at pretty things-like flowers or art work.
83. Create something.
84. Pray or read the Bible.
85. Throw socks against the wall.
86. Make a list of blessings in your life.
87. Go to a friend’s house and open up.
88. Take up fencing.
89. Watch an old comedy movie.
90. Call your therapist or make an appointment with one.
91. Talk to someone close to you that you trust.
92. Throw a temper tantrum.
93. Ride a bicycle.
94. Polish silver or jewelry.
95, Start a garden or water your house plants.
96. Re-arrange a room.
97. Feed the ducks, birds, or squirrels.
98. Draw on the walls-or paint with watercolors if you don’t want permanence.
99. Play with face paint.
100. Play jacks or pick up sticks.
101. Color with crayons.
102. Memorize a song and sing it. Then, reflect on it’s message.
103. Put on boots and stomp.
105. Find a butterfly and catch it.
106. Watch fish.
107. Come up with baby nameseven if you aren’t expecting.
108. Go to a public place and people watch.
109. Make a CD of your favorite songs.
110. Name all of your stuffed animals.
111. Go shopping.
112. Get into your PJ’s and just veg.
113. Buy cheap teddy bears and take your anger out on them
114. Throw everything on the ground except glass.
115. Go to a loud concert (Make sure it doen’t trigger you)
116. Think about your ideal life. What do you have to do to get there?
117. Plan your someday wedding day or upcoming prom.
118. Hunt for stuff on Ebay.
119. Alphabetize your books and magazines.
120. Hunt for your perfect home in the paper or online.
121. Take up Tai Chi.
122. Try to make as many words as possible out of your full name.
123. Count ceiling tiles or lights.
124. Go to the grocery store and buy yourself some flowers.
125. Search for ridiculous things on the web.
126. Google youself.
127. Color co-oridinate your wardrobe.
128. Do a home tan on yourself.
129. Take a hot bath and “be” in the moment.
130. Sort all you photographs.
131. Give yourself a pedicure.
132. Color or scribble over pretty women in magazines.
133. Plan a dinner party with menus and guest list, then carry it out.
134. Go through all your old stuff, and donate to Good Will.
135. Take a walk in the woods and breathe the fresh air.
136. Start a mood journal and write in it every day. Do patterns surface? Track your triggers.
137. Buy yourself some toys and play like you are 5 years old again!
138. Start to collect some thing.
139. Take up kick-boxing.
140. Read a magazine or newspaper.
141. Sew something.
142. Buy a stuffed animal.
143. Take your own dog, or a friend’s dog for a walk.
144. Call 1-800-DONT CUT
145. Call 1-800-THERAPIST
146. Read through this list again.